The Los Angeles Institute of Foot and Ankle Surgery was established in 2003 by Armen Hagopjanian, D.P.M. to provide the best treatment for patients suffering from complications with their feet and ankles. The offices of the Institute are located in Burbank, Northridge, and Santa Clarita, and each offer a convenient location close to hospitals. Our doctors are on staff at five major hospitals in the San Fernando Valley, which helps us to provide excellent care in emergency situations. We are committed to caring and giving individual attention to our patients. We are dedicated to high quality podiatric and orthopedic care and take pride in the preservation and reconstruction of the structure and functionality of feet and ankles of our patients.
We practice evidence-based medicine and use modern technology to provide the best foot and ankle surgery care possible. By using NEW ANKLE as our website name, we hope to encourage all patients to see that we solve old problems with new solutions.
Our doctors are trained in total ankle replacements, which have been available for the past 20 years and are considered today by many as NEW ANKLE. Having surgery is an important decision, so we screen candidates for ankle replacements very carefully as this procedure is not recommended for everyone. In some complex cases, ankle fusion is a better alternative to ankle replacement.
Simple or complicated, every patient is important to us, and we will always find time to see you and answer your questions. We also work closely with our colleagues from other doctors’ offices and do timely referrals when needed. Internists, general, vascular and plastic surgeons are an integral part of our team.
Our doctors are also actively involved in the development and teaching of new surgical techniques.This website offers not only information about our physicians and services, but also provides educational materials about anatomy, common problems, and procedures. By educating the general public, potential patients of all ages can become aware of podiatric health needs and potential problems.
Our areas of surgical expertise include:
- Correction of traumatic injuries, including fractures and soft tissue injuries
- Lateral Ankle Stabilization
- Ankle Fusion
- Ankle Arthroscopy
- Total Ankle replacement
- Ankle Reconstruction Surgery
- Flat Foot and Club Foot reconstruction, including pediatrics
- Charcot Foot Reconstruction
- Correction of bunions with bunion surgery, including revision of previously failed surgeries
- Removal of bone spurs
- Correction of Hammertoes and other toes deformities
- Tarsal Tunnel and Intermetatarsal Nerve Release
- Treatment of tumors of the foot and ankle
Our general services include:
- Non-surgical management of athletic injuries
- Routine foot care
- Children's foot care
- Improvement of gait
- Functional and Accommodative foot and ankle orthoses
- Treatment of skin disorders of the foot and ankle
- Treatment of toenail disorders
- Treatment of heel pain syndrome
- Treatment of ankle fractures
- Management of diabetic foot care and limb salvage
- Diabetic shoes and inserts